12 July 2009

I shouldn't stare

Wherever I go now, I'm checking out other people's bikes. I was walking to work on Friday and a guy cycled passed on a mountain bike with custom handles, two drink bottle holders and peddle straps to hold his feet in - I have no idea of the correct term for these, though I do know they weren't cleats.

A stream of questions rolled through my mind. What racing would that set-up be best suited to? Why those handles? How would they change your seating position - how would that feel? Are the peddle straps sensible? Are they old-school? What are they really called?

So much to learn! With all of the events Melissa and I have planned for the next two months, I'm sure I'll have some of my questions answered.

This has really got me hooked.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment