29 September 2009

Navel gazing at its worst

I've been reading some of our past posts and it amazes me how far we have come since making the decision to have a go at adventure racing.

Reading our posts about the Phoenix Adventure race brought back the excitement and anxiety that pumped through me as I tackled things I could not have dreamed trying a month or so earlier.

I remarked to Mel today, that it will be fun to arrive at Teva Champs with some experience under our belts. There's also a little bit of nostalgia for the enthusiasm that accompanies naivety.

I'm hoping that this next race will show me what ultimately drives me to keep doing it-the thing that survives the initial enthusiasm and keeps every experience alive and new.

I know that I love it for the atmosphere, the people that I meet, the incredible sense of achievement and knowing that comes with learning a new skill and, of course, the addictiveness of mountain biking. But, I suspect there's something more to it.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment