03 October 2009

'twas the night before Teva Champs

There are small piles of equipment and clothing in strategic places around my flat. It makes an obstacle course of the flat tonight, but at 4am tomorrow morning I think I'll appreciate the forward planning.

Getting my kit together was much simpler and less stressful this time around, though I've just realised that I forgot to pick up a rice snack for the morning. I'm attempting to make my own, but it could be a bad move-kind of like trying a new look with your make up on the night of the ball (never a good idea).

I tried to take the kick-stand off my bike tonight. Yes, I know I should have done it a long time ago-like the day I bought it-but I didn't and now I can't.

I thought I was in luck when I found the right sized alan key in my bag of Ikea disposables. But it seems my 'toolbox' is incomplete because I don't have a tool to hold the nut on one side while I unscrew the bolt on the other side with an alan key. Oh well, I'll just have to be uncool tomorrow.

On a more successful note, I have confidence in my tyre pressure this time around. Last week, I added to my kit with a really good tyre pump that has a gauge. It makes the job SO much easier.

Everything else seems to be in order for tomorrow. I just have to paint my toenails before I go to bed. When the shoes and socks come off at the end of the race, soggy from mud and water, it's nice to have a little varnish on your nails-to hide the water-logged blue underneath.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment